Things today are going mobile – EVERYTHING! Because of this most business owners, online and offline, get this feeling that they NEED to have some sort of a mobile presence or they will lose out on future customers.
This is right for some businesses, but not all. When it comes to things like having a mobile app for business made, there are a few things to consider before you go and spend the development money and time on that new business mobile app.
Main thing to remember though – just because you own a business, doesn’t mean you should have a mobile app for it. You need to make sure you’re doing something that will benefit your business and it’s customers first.
This all depends actually. You need to make sure whatever app you’re thinking of having developed will actually have some benefit to your customers and your business.
Just having an app for your business will do nothing for you or your business if it has no real purpose or benefit.
- Does it help your customers communicate with your business?
- Does it help your business provide real and needed content to your customers
- Will your customers be able to see important information about their personal dealings with your business?
- Will the app get removed from the customer’s or prospect’s phone almost as fast as it was added because it provides no real value?
These are all things you should think about before you even start looking for a mobile app developer.
If you think about it, it only makes sense to think of these things first. I mean, the whole purpose of your business is to produce a profit for you. Well, if spending your money on a mobile app for your business that does pretty much nothing except cost money is part of your profit plan, you’re not gonna make it to far – as long as you keep making those types of business decisions at least.
Some businesses will benefit from have a business based mobile app created. You just need to weigh the pros and cons first to know.
If you can produce a mobile business app that will…
- Help your customers interact directly with your business – and this is a needed thing
- Provide needed notices to customers so they know whats happening
- Allow your customers to access their accounts, information and other important things with your business
- Provide a way to display content your business creates and customers or prospects actually WANT to be notified of it all
- If your business is online, and the app allows them to manage thier account, post to forums or interact in some way
- If you develop a promotional campaign that will get prospects attention and it needs to be mobile
These will all actually do good for your business so having a mobile app for business will be a big benefit.
There are other things to consider as well, like whether or not the cost of the app development will overcast the results it produces. Whether it’s even in your budget or if people will actually want ot use it.
A good place to start is to ask friends and family. Find out what they think and ask them to provide real feedback.
You could also make a basic and quick survey that you hand out to all new and existing customers. Never be afraid to ask your customers what they want or if they would like to see something. This will always help you make better business based choices
- Do This On Your Website – Or – Deal With The LAW!
- How Adding One Single Page To Your Website Will Boost Local Business Through The Roof
- 5 Mistakes Every Business Website Owner Makes
- The Most Important Places To Get Listed Online For More Traffic and Exposure
- Collecting Testimonials From As Many Customers As Possible & Building Social Trust
- How You Can Assess Your Business’ Online Reputation